cti-users message

Subject: Another Reminder of How To Leave This List

Vijay / Albert,

I can understand why these messages seemed like the easy way to solve this problem.  Instead, please follow the four steps below.

Alex

All,

I have a request for everyone on this list.  Please understand that there are over 1,600 people subscribed to just this one list and every time someone sends a message such as “please unsubscribe me” to the alias, over 1,600 people get that message.  That is not a good use of this resource.  As such, I implore anyone interested in unsubscribing from this list to follow the instructions that have been provided by OASIS staff:

1.       PLEASE do NOT send a message to the list itself!  PLEASE!

3.       The server will respond to your message with a request for confirmation: when you receive it, reply to that email message

4.       If the instructions above are unclear, or if steps 2-3 seem to fail, please email (offline, without any CC to the list): robin@oasis-open.org

Thanks!

Rich

PS: I know that I have just caused over 1,600 people to receive yet another message unrelated to using STIX/TAXII/CybOX but I’m hoping that this will help everyone understand the importance of using the right mechanisms to handle administrative requests. J

Richard J. Struse

Chief Advanced Technology Officer

National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC) and

Stakeholder Engagement and Cyber Infrastructure Resiliency (SECIR)

Cyber Security & Communications

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

e-mail:  Richard.Struse@dhs.gov
Phone:  202-527-2361

This message, and any attachments, is for the intended recipient(s) only, may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or proprietary and subject to important terms and conditions available at http://www.bankofamerica.com/emaildisclaimer. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message.