cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] FCC's CISRIC and telecom industry "connectedness"

Hi All:

I received this response from Rod Rasmussen of IID. He is one of the Co-Chairs of the CSRIC Working Group on CyberSecurity.  He tried to post directly to the list, but it did not go through. So, he asked me to post this on his behalf.  It is good to see that we are coordinated here with this other important initiative in the telcom sector.  Thanks for bringing it to the group's attention, Tony.

"Actually, I am here and have been on this list from pretty near the beginning.
I thought at least the other companies at least are represented here, but not the other co-chairs themselves.  In any event, as one of the co-chairs, I’m in a good position to ensure the work we do within CSRIC on the data sharing topics reflect the realities going on here and elsewhere.  That actually was one of the concerns all of us as co-chairs had - not re-inventing the wheel, going off in the wrong direction, or getting sucked into things outside the remit CSRIC is working under.  We’re all well aware of the OASIS efforts and I’m sure many of the CSRIC work party members will also be on this list as well.  Things are still formulating and not 100% settled yet with the working group, but we do have the next CSRIC meeting this coming Monday, so more shall be forthcoming shortly.  One of the primary areas that will be covered in the work is “Conduits for Information Sharing” which clearly the work here applies to and it will undoubtedly be a prominent part of the CSRIC work product.
Cheers,
Rod Rasmussen
President & CTO

IID