cti message

Subject: Re: [cti] Interoperability SC proposal

Dear Richard, All,

Thank you for pushing this initiative forward and in hindsight having some breathing room between initial set-up and getting this going has made allot of sense.

With regards to the charter, I’m in full agreement on the items related to interoperability. The only delta with my personal vision for such as a TC would be in part some institutional goal of transparency or ecosystem mapping (understanding the ecosystem and making that transparency, so the extent possible) and interoperability with non cyber threat intelligence related standards and frameworks, such as those more in the realm of course of action, automated response, incidents, etc.

All the best,
Joep

Founder & CEO
Intelworks – Intelligence Powered Defence
www.intelworks.com

Find me at
+31 615489825
@joepgommers

From: "Struse, Richard" <Richard.Struse@HQ.DHS.GOV>
Date: Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 11:56 PM
To: "cti@lists.oasis-open.org" <cti@lists.oasis-open.org>
Subject: [cti] Interoperability SC proposal

Dear TC members,

I would like to have us move forward on establishing an Interoperability Subcommittee within the CTI TC.   Please review the proposed charter and suggest any changes/additions you see fit.  As far as co-chairs go, I have listed all of the people whose names were mentioned in regards to this SC – if you would like to add your name or propose someone else, please do so.  If your name is on that list and you would prefer to not be considered, just let me know.  My goal is to move this forward this week so please propose all changes by 5PM Eastern Time, Wednesday, September 9th.

Proposed Charter:

The Interoperability SC will help guide adherence to CTI TC-promulgated standards and interoperability between CTI TC standards-based implementations, while encouraging standards maturity throughout the industry. The SC will develop parameters and processes to allow CTI TC members to test/ validate, and where possible measure the maturity of another organization’s implementation. Testing parameters and processes should be straight-forward and objective to provide clear confirmation that minimum standards' requirements have been achieved. Initially, in regard to maturity measurement efforts, the SC will develop guidelines to support a more qualitative review of an implementation.  In addition, the SC will identify opportunities and approaches to promoting interoperability with externally-defined cyber threat intelligence standards and frameworks.

Co-chairs:

We will have two co-chairs of this SC.  The following individuals have been mentioned/proposed/nominated: (alphabetical order): David Eilken, Joep Gommers, Patrick Maroney, Tony Rutkowski

Regards,

Rich

Richard J. Struse

Chair, OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) Technical Committee

Chief Advanced Technology Officer

National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC) and

Stakeholder Engagement and Cyber Infrastructure Resiliency (SECIR)

Cyber Security & Communications

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

e-mail:  Richard.Struse@dhs.gov
Phone:  202-527-2361