cti message

Subject: Re: Change coming to the handling of Individual CLAs for Open Repositories

TC Chairs,Â

The CLA Assistant is now set up and the existing CLA records have been imported. I do not expect any of your existing contributors to be asked again, but if by chance someone is, it just takes a moment and is the same CLA.Â

Going forward, when someone makes a pull request on an Open Repository, the bot will check its data file for their GitHub username. If it finds it there, the check will pass.Â

If it does not find the username, it will flag some checks as needed and indicate that it doesn't have a signed ICLAÂon record (CLA-bot-challenge-screen-1.png). The requester should click on the CLA not signed yet button. This will display the form and a button saying to sign in with GitHub to complete the form. Once they do that, it will open the fillable form (CLA-bot-form.png). The requester just needs to fill in the form and submit it. The bot will then indicate that the check has passed and work on the pull request can proceed.Â

The maintainer will see the same indications and so will know if a requester has not signed an ICLA.Â

People will only be asked to sign once. The ICLA, once signed, is good for all Open Repos.Â

As always, let me know if you have any questions or problems with this new system. We hope this makes life easier for everyone.Â

Best,Â

/chetÂ