cyber-council message

Subject: Re: [cyber-council] Cyber Council 'voting'

On 02.08.2017 18:35:30, Laurance, David C wrote:

> At Borderless Cyber, we did agree that the Council would provide
> input to the working groups, primarily (but not exclusively) as use
> cases. The thinking was that use cases would be sufficiently
> concrete to be directly useful in setting priorities and actionable
> in changing the standards.

Hi, y'all -

Stating the obvious, but the people doing the actual work in their
respective TCs have their own use cases and priorities. My
understanding was that the Council was intended to be a discussion
forum. If the Council intends to provide executive oversight for the
TC work programmes, that will go over like a lead balloon.

Presenting concrete use cases to the TCs and *requesting* the people
doing the work to prioritize them *along with* their own priorities is
the only way this is going to fly.

--
Cheers,
Trey