Subject: Advise to the DITA 1.2 Specification Reviewers

Title: Advise to the DITA 1.2 Specification Reviewers
Dear Adoption TC Members:

Several of us have volunteered to review the Draft 4 of the DITA 1.2 Specification. Please note the email from Kris Eberlein giving you directions for downloading a copy of the specification.

Here is the link to the review #4 page to
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA1.2SpecSignup . Do note
that the table on that page is a little out of sync with the current
TOC  ... You might want to mention that to folks or annotate the Wiki
page with that information.

If you are confused about finding the section you volunteered for in the TOC, please send a note to me, Gershon, or Kris.

All your comments should be sent to me, Gershon, and Kris so that we can upload them to the Review Wiki of the DITA TC.

I have also enclosed a copy of a Word file that I used to make my comments on the review comments. It’s a download from the Review Wiki. It will be most helpful if you could use the same format for your comments. That way we can just cut and paste into the wiki. Note the you need to put your name and the date before each comment. The comments are labeled by the names of the topics.

If anything about these directions is unclear, please send me a note and I’ll try to answer quickly.

Remember the reviews are due by April 30 (no late reviews please!!). We want to get the Spec out for the final public review as soon as possible.

If for some reason you are unable to keep your commitment, please let me know immediately and I’ll try to find a substitute.

Thanks so much for your help and dedication.

Best regards,
JoAnn

JoAnn Hackos, PhD
President
Comtech Services, Inc.
Joann.hackos@comtech-serv.com
Skype joannhackos

--- Begin Message ---
Hi, JoAnn and Gershon,

Everything is in place for review #4 of the DITA 1.2 spec to open; I'll
be sending e-mail to the DITA TC later this morning and I'll cc the
Adoption Committee.

I probably won't be able to attend the Adoption TC meeting today; I have
a dentist appointment first thing in the morning to replace an old,
broken filling. And if I get home in time to dial in, I'll probably be
groggy, so don't expect me to be coherent :) I have a minor jaw
malformation that makes dental work difficult and stressful and requires
that I take a muscle relaxant ahead of time.

Have you two talked any further about how you want to handle comments
from the Adoption TC members?

One option that we haven't previously talked about would be creating a
2nd set of Wiki pages on the Adoption TC Wiki ... Since we generated
templates for the DITA TC Wiki pages using XSL this time, it probably
would not take someone very long (60 minutes? Less time?) to set up
similar pages on the Adoption TC Wiki. On the other hand, you two might
want to simply gather review comments by e-mail -- it's your choice.

I've added a link to the review #4 page to
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita-adoption/DITA1.2SpecSignup . Do note
that the table on that page is a little out of sync with the current
TOC  ... You might want to mention that to folks or annotate the Wiki
page with that information.

Best,

Kris

--- End Message ---