Subject: RE: [dita-learningspec] stop or re-start?

Thanks for bringing up this issue, Birgit. As much as I want to contribute, I simply donât have the time to devote to this work. The OASIS membership has been a real barrier to involvement from other parties.

What is the next step for making a decision? Can we meet the week of May 20 and discuss our options?

Thanks, Amber

From: dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org <dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Scott Hudson
Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:29 PM
To: Birgit Strackenbrock <birgit@xstructuring.eu>; dita-learningspec@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Birgit,

I think it is an important area to address, but we have members that are far too busy (myself included) to make a dent in the work. I hate to see it end, but I also don't foresee a lot of available time opening up. Not the answer you are looking for, but certainly my reality.

I think we need to cast out the nets again to find interested parties. Perhaps if this can be done under the OASIS Open Project structure, we can secure more input from non-OASIS members? The difficulty would be finding an OASIS member-sponsor of the project:

ââOpen Projects Website

Âhttp://oasis-open-projects.org

Open Projects Handbook

ÂÂhttp://ow.ly/boPg30jpFTNÂâ