dita-s1000d-discuss message

Subject: Re: [dita-s1000d-discuss] Welcome to the DITA-S1000D Interoperability Discussion List!

Not yet. But when its ready, I will.

Thanks!

Scott

On Dec 14, 2006, at 10:51 AM, Scott Hudson wrote:

Hi Yas,

Welcome aboard! Thank you for participating in this effort.

I think everyone on the list would be very interested in the research you have already done regarding the grafting of a DITA specialization on a non-DITA model, specifically S1000D! Do you have any presentations or documents that you can point us all to?

Thanks and best regards,

--Scott

Yas Etessam wrote:
Thanks Scott for leading this initiative,
My expertise is in DITA and implementing authoring systems to support
DITA's architecture as well as specializations.   I am an consultant for XMetaL (JustSystems) and am a member of the DITA
OASIS TC. I've dabbled in S1000D authoring implementations but have done some
research around determining whether a DITA specialization could be
grafted on top of other non-DITA data models.  Hopefully, that experience will be useful in this discussion about
determining the possibility of expressing formal relationships (or
mappings) between S1000D and DITA.
Regards,
Yas Etessam
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Hudson [mailto:scott.hudson@flatironssolutions.com] Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:18 AM

Hello,

I would like to extend a warm welcome to those joining the DITA-S1000D Interoperability Discussion List. The purpose of this list is to facilitate an effort to create an S1000D Specialization of DITA to promote interoperability. This will also provide an opportunity for mapping DITA content to S1000D.

Before we begin discussing mappings and equivalent structures between the two standards, I would like to take a quick skills inventory of those involved. Please send the list a brief description of your involvment, interests and skills with the standards.

My expertise is primarily in DITA, as I am a member of the OASIS DITA TC. I have created both topic and domain specializations for DITA.

I look forward to our discussions! Thank you for your participation.

Best regards,

--Scott

For additional commands, e-mail: dita-s1000d-discuss-help@lists.oasis-open.org

<scott.hudson.vcf>