Subject: Re: [dita] Implicit work for DITA 1.1

Hi, Don and Committee Folk:

With regard to

One bug that's fallen through the cracks is that the outputclass attribute is available only on the topic elements and not on the map elements. As a result, a writer can't indicate special kinds of topic relationship in the map.

The outputclass attribute provides an informal mechanism for narrowing the semantic of the element. We might think of it as a role or the poor man's specialization -- an approach available to writers without defining new schema modules.

If we agree that's a bug fix, we might address it in DITA 1.1. If we feel it's an enhancement, we should defer it until DITA 1.2 to maintain our focus and momentum.

Thanks,

Erik Hennum
ehennum@us.ibm.com