OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Hi all,

Here are the minutes from this week's meeting.

Best Regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Member, OASIS DITA and DocBook Technical Committees
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.
office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
(Minutes taken by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

Date:  Tuesday, 28 February 2006
Time:  08:00am - 09:00am PT

DITA Technical Committee Web site:  
    - Public:       http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=dita
    - Members only: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/
    - Wiki:         http://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/

Resources for this meeting:
- Items accepted for DITA 1.1:
- Roadmap for the TC's results from the last meeting

- Roll call -> We have quorum

- Review/approve minutes from previous meeting:
    - http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200602/msg00073.html  (21 Feb 2006)
    - Don moves to accept the minutes as read, JoAnn seconds, no objections,
        approved and accepted by acclamation.

[Focus for today: Review status of accepted 1.1 items, 1.1 schedule]

- Review status of accepted 1.1 items:

    - Updates for Design Complete items 12 and 9? (see Eric Hennum's note
        - Eric -- Flaw in design - many 'about' attributes are confusing. 
	    Also, the unfamiliar attributes will be confusing to writers. 
	    Solution: split data element in 2
	    -- data-subject element (contains the 'about' attributes)
            -- data element (without the 'about' attributes)
	    Two additional small changes are proposed:
	    -- add scope attribute to compliment the href attribute
	    -- rename typeid to datatype.
	- Discussion -- what's the implication of Eric's proposal?
	- Eric -- no impact on bookmap elements (since they're specialized, 
	    they can choose whether to specialize from data or data-subject).
	- Eric -- Does anyone see problems moving data attributes out into a 
	    separate element?
	- Scope of change 
	    - data elements will be allowed in the same context 
	        as [current data element proposal].
	    - Required to document 2 elements instead of 1; same number of 
	        attributes but split up between 2 elements.
	- Michael P moves to accept the change, Robert A seconds, no objections,
	    changes accepted by acclamation.
	- DECISION -- Feature #9 to be changed according to Eric's proposal.

    - Accept input from Translation SC?
        - Gershon and JoAnn update group on SC progress on recommended spec changes.
	- translate attribute remains as-is, universally available.
	- xml:lang attribute remains as-is, universally available.
	- possible inclusion of ruby and dir attributes (proposal currently under
	- Gershon suggests pushing decision on additional spec changes to next meeting,
	    Robert seconds, no objections.
	- DECISION -- vote on accepting spec changes relating to translation pushed
	    off to 7 March meeting, pending progress on SC proposal.

    - Indexing items 45, 45a and 45b
        - Chris -- Completeness of 45a and 45b: on the DTD side it's probably small. 
        - Don -- Asks Eric & Chris to update their proposals to include DTD/schema 
	    changes, use cases, specific examples and expected processing 
	- March 14 target date for design complete with fully written and 
	    approved proposals.

- Review DITA 1.1 items on roadmap and set dates for final proposal:

    - #38 Bookmap / bkinfo revision -- proposal by 14th March

    - shortdesc extensions
        - owner - Eric Hennum
	- discuss on March 7 and get to design complete

    - #45, #45a, #45b indexing elements - proposal by 14th March

    - graphics scaling improvements
        - owner - Paul G
	- Don read proposal.
	- Implication for tools is to read value and act accordingly, instead 
	    of today's treating width and height as pixels. Out of time, so ask 
	    Paul to clarify via email vagueness in #3:
	    "The specific details of a suggested solution depend on the
             exact user requirements which I'm still researching (and
             would appreciate input from other users)."
	-- ACTION ITEM -- Gershon to ask Paul to clarify the proposal.
        - Discuss and close design on March 7

    - #20 Extensible metadata attributes - Design Complete

    - ??? 14 March or week after

    - #9 data element - Design Complete

    - #35 Support foreign content vocabularies such as MathML and SVG 
        - status check on March 7 
	-- ACTION ITEM -- Paul P to organize discussions on the TC list

    - Translation SC recommendations
        - March 7 - status check on SC work

-> Out of time; meeting adjourned.

    - Move any finished in-scope WIP items to Design Complete approval
        - index (see wiki)
        - image

- Schedule completion dates for remaining items  i.e., unknown element, impacts to bookmap

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]