Subject: RE: FW: FW: [dita] indexing question

G'day all

I'm relatively new to this TC, and have been lurking for a little while to get the lay of the land.

I may have missed some of the indexing debate, so please forgive me if this suggestion has already been floated.

I think this would still work for inline use? The processor could work on the logic that if term1(alpha range) appeared on pages 4 and 5, the term would appear in the index as 4-5. If the term without the "alpha" range attribute also appeared elsewhere on page 5, the index would appear as "term1 4-5, 5".

The downside is obviously the extra overhead in inventing range attributes, but it may be an easier pass in having indexterms spanning blocks across topics.

Hope this makes some sort of sense!

Tony Self