OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

dita message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 February 2007

Hi all,

Here are the minutes from last week's meeting. I apologize for sending 
them out so late.

Unfortunately I have not made any progress on my action items. I had a 
very busy week trying to catch up after returning to work. I almost have 
things under control and expect to get to my TC items towards the end of 
this week.

Best regards,

Gershon L Joseph
Director of Technology and Single Sourcing
Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd.

Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee
Member, OASIS DocBook Technical Committee

office: +972-8-974-1569
mobile: +972-57-314-1170
web:    http://www.tech-tav.com
DITA Technical Committee Meeting Minutes: 20 February 2007

(Recorded by Gershon Joseph <gershon@tech-tav.com>)

The DITA Technical Committee met on Tuesday, 20 February 2007 at 08:00am PT
for 40 minutes.

1.  Roll call
    We have quorum.

2.  Approve minutes from previous business meeting: 
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200702/msg00026.html (13 Feb 2007)
    Accepted (Don moved, Scott seconded, no objections)

3.  Business:

    1.  ITEM: Committee Draft formatting for 1.1 materials
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200702/msg00038.html (McRae)

        Gershon to ensure the PDF output includes the correct formatting of headings
        and other elements of the PDF.

        Robert to change code to support OASIS CSS (we need to change the class
        attributes in the HTML code we generate). Gershon to send Robert the 
        front matter topic and modified map.

        Goal is for Robert and Gershon to have readiness meeting on Thursday
        afternoon/evening Israel time.

    2.  ITEM: DITA TC IPR Transition Ballot (Mary McRae)
        * http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/200702/msg00048.html
        * Be sure to communicate with your primary rep who is responsible for 
          this vote

        Don asked voting members to ensure their voting representative votes
        for the new IP policy.

    3.  ITEM: DITA 1.2 Requirements list--need a maintainer

        Gershon volunteered.

        * base new doc on ["Roadmap for DITA development"]

        * need to review these also:

            * List of ["Accepted "Off the List" items"] for vote

            * DITA 1.1 AcceptedAndCandidate items (add newly accepted items to 
              this list)

        * need to add recent contributions:

            * Kimber

                * DTD declarations 

                  Don: We can address this before finalizing the spec we submit 
                  for spec vote.

                * local role for link 

            * Hennum

                * element aliasing and namespaces 

                  Eric: Proposal addresses issues that may arise from supporting
                  namespaces with DITA (due to the class attribute processing) 
                  and proposals a solution to address this that also allows element
                  names to be aliased.
    4.  ITEM: upcoming agenda items that had been deferred:

        * Creation and ongoing updating and discussion on DITA 1.2 items

        * Translation SC documents for approval
          Gershon needs to mark the best practice documents up in DITA XML
          and publish them for review when the OASIS draft spec look and feel 
          customization is complete.

        * other?

          Gershon to work with Chris on his document as the first SC document
          after the Translation SC documents are published.

          Gershon plans to submit a documented installable package to OASIS 
          for use by any OASIS TC for marking up and publishing committee specs.

    5.  ITEM: SC updates

-- Meeting adjourned at 08:40 --

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]