Subject: 12016 Semantic (implicit) linking.

I am going through the remaining 1.2 features trying
to make sure we understand them and their impact.
As a result, I am sending out several messages, one
for each feature, with various comments in an attempt
to restart conversation on some of these.

I don't really get the point of this one.

Looking at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/15122/IssueNumber43.ht
ml
I see it is "major", it "proposes a new map domain",
it has no use cases given, and the cost is:

 Several weeks for design discussion, several weeks
 for implementation (this one ain't trivial).

At this point, I'd need someone to give me some strong
arguments before I'd vote to continue putting this into
DITA 1.2.

paul