Subject: RE: [dita] FW: [members] Changes to OASIS TC Process Policy

Dana,

Regarding your message:

> Also it appears that we can now consider the DTD we supply
> in separate plain-text files to be normative, and to override
> whatever we actually say in the specification itself.
>
> OTOH, it seems the same can be said about the schema files -
> and it's unclear how discrepancies between the two could be
> handled.

Regarding the question of discrepancies between schema and
DTD, I think the right thing to do is to select one to be
normative, and state that other forms are non-normative.

That's what the DocBook committee did. RelaxNG defines the
normative standard, and other representations (W3C Schema,
and DTD) are provided for convenience, but are non-normative.

Regards,
Dick Hamilton
XML Press
XML for Technical Communicators