Regarding this comment from Kris:
> I think changing instances of the word "elements" to "components" makes this document read VERY strangely. I am not on-board with this change, especially when the references are to XDITA or XDITA.
I assume that was meant to say XDITA or HDITA, which both have elements. But beyond that ... I think I have to agree that while "components" sounds accurate conceptually, when I read it in context, it's kind of jarring. That's especially true where we refer to "a subset of components in DITA 1.3" and I thought DITA 1.3 components were literally the different packages + grammar zip -- see the usage under "Additional artifacts":
There are a few other uses -- our terminology topic lays out terms that "define components of the DITA standard". There's an actual element named <component>. Almost all remaining uses in the spec are part of examples, mostly for the delayed-conref-resolution domain. There is only one other instance I can find that seems more in line with the usage in the committee note, in the topic about single sourcing, which refers to "document components including paragraphs, lists, and tables":
Kristen James Eberlein ---01/18/2018 01:21:58 PM---The subtitle should be "Committee Note 01" The date needs to be the date on which the TC will vote o
From: Kristen James Eberlein <email@example.com>
Date: 01/18/2018 01:21 PM
Subject: [dita] Feedback about "Lightweight DITA: An Introduction" change-marked draft
Sent by: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- The subtitle should be "Committee Note 01"
- The date needs to be the date on which the TC will vote on the committee note: 23 January 2018
- The file name should be "LwDITA-v1.0-cn01". (The easiest way to handle this is to rename the DITA map.)
- In "Specification URIs":
- The content currently in "This version" should move to "Previous version".
- The URLs for "This version" need to be as follows (changes indicated in red):
- Use symbols for the revision marking, in addition to color. This is important for TC members who are color blind or who are printing the document out on a black and white printer. I'd look at the DITAVAL files that we use for the errata version of the spec.
- There are extra spaces before some instances of the word "component".
- I think changing instances of the word "elements" to "components" makes this document read VERY strangely. I am not on-board with this change, especially when the references are to XDITA or XDITA.
Kristen James Eberlein
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Principal consultant, Eberlein Consulting
+1 919 682-2290; kriseberlein (skype)
On 1/18/2018 1:21 PM, Carlos Evia wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php