Subject: Re: [dita] Updated Draft of Stage Three Proposal "Add strong and em/Redefine b and i"

Hi, Keith.

I think you've sent an old/back-level proposal to the TC. Your proposal does not reference DITA 2.0 content for the <b> and <i> topics, instead it contains DITA 1.3 content. For example, just touching on the existing short descriptions:

Current <b> shortdesc (as exists in the GitHub repo)
Bold text is used to draw a reader's attention to a phrase without otherwise adding meaning to the content.

Current <b> shortdesc (in your proposal)

The <b> element is typically used to apply bold highlighting to the content of the element. This element is part of the highlighting domain. Use this element only when a more semantically appropriate element is not available. For example, for specific items such as GUI controls, use the <uicontrol> element.

This is the same issue that we had the last time you submitted this stage three proposal ...

OASIS Distinguished Contributor
www.eberleinconsulting.com
+1 919 622-1501; kriseberlein (skype)