I have only a small correction to make. Gershon’s and my contributions have been mixed up, our voices really must sound quite similar.
- Gershon; I have it, can send it.
- Gershon; I can do that, I still have an XMetal license.
That was me, in both cases.
Thanks again for meticulously taking the minutes, Nancy.
From: email@example.com <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Behalf Of Nancy Harrison
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 05:42
Subject: [dita] Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 11 May 2021 uploaded
1. Keith will go over his vendor lsit to see if we've missed anyone on our list of vendors to contact for vendor 2.0 webinar.
Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 11 May 2021
Recorded by Hancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Eliot Kimber, Zoe Lawson, Chris Nitchie, Eric Sirois, Frank Wegmann, Jim Tivy, Dee Schur
1. Roll call
Regrets: Keith Schengili-Roberts, Carsten Brennecke
2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
04 May 2021 2021
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202105/msg00012.html (Harrison, 11 May 2021)
Moved by Kris, 2nd by Scott, aprroved by TC
4. Action items
[updates only; see agenda for complete list]
06 April 2021
Dawn, Gershon, Nancy, Frank, Kris: Work on revised charter
- Kris; we need to get moving on the charter, please start a discussion on the list.
5. Check-in: How are people doing in this difficult time? How is your state/country doing?
[no official business covered]
6. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines
(Nitchie, Eberlein) Loosen attribute specialization rules (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/15)
(./) 04 May 2021: Yet more early feedback requested by Eberlein
12 May 2021 : Submit to reviewers
? May 2021: Reviewers return feedback
25 May 2021: Initial TC discussion?
01 June 2021: Vote by TC ??
- Kris; wrapping up work on this, will submit to reviewers (Robert, Chris, Eliot) tomorrow; my question to reviewers is - if you get the proposal tomorrow, when can yuo turn it around?
- Robert; end of this weekend.
- Chris; same.
- Eliot; same.
- Kris; I've pencilled in tentative dates for discussion and vote.
(Kimber) Deprecate or remove copy-to attribute (https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/issues/33)
11 May: TC vote
[vote today item #8]
7. DITA 2.0 stage three proposals
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202105/msg00001.html (Kimber, 03 May 2021)
Eliot moved to approve this 2nd by Deb
yes votes 12 (Robert Anderson, Deb Bissantz, Kris Eberlein, Carlos Evia, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Gershon Joseph, Eliot Kimber, Zoe Lawson, Chris Nitchie, Eric Sirois, Frank Wegmann)
no votes 0
[accepted for 2.0 release]
8. NEW Cleaning up specializations of body elements
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202104/msg00020.html (Anderson, 28 April 2021)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202104/msg00021.html (Kimber, 28 April 2021)
- Robert; this is just a cleanup item. All the way back to 1.0, we had concept/task/reference specializations of the body element, but because body was a required element, so were the specializations. Therefore the filtering @s were left off those those elements,
in 1.1 the body specializations were made optional, but filter @s were never restored, so unlike all other elements, those body specializations don't have filter @s, and so they can't have their @s listed as univ-atts, which is ridiculous; we should fix this.
- Eliot; I agree.
- Kris; any objections to fixing it as cleanup item?
[none, Robert will fix as cleanup item.]
- Robert; I've been prototyping the spec, and I'd like to have an alphabetical list of @s as well as elements, while doing that I noticed this.
- Kris; we'll do more on our spec editing next week.
9. Continued: DITA 2.0 Webinar for vendors?
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202103/msg00018.html (Eberlein, 16 March 2021)
Brainstorm of companies that we should encourage to attend
Brainstorm of roles at companies who should attend
NEW Final title and description for the Webinar for vendors
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202104/msg00018.html (Eberlein, 23 April 2021)
NEW Link for folks to register for the Webinar
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202105/msg00002.html (Eberlein, 04 May 2021)
- Kris; wrt the new title, got help from Robert and Eliot, and now we have link to register; we also have a link to vendor channels from ConvEX. we can talk about which vendors we really want to target. Dee, who has registered so far?
- Dee; we have 30 registered so far, really fantastic. I can take the list you provided and go to individuals and other companies and invite them one on one on LinkedIn.
- Kris; it might make more sense for us to target folks directly; i can send direct emails. but we really want to target specific people. We're trying to make this a real targeted thing. After 1.3 was released, it took SDL 3 years to offer support for it; we
want to cut down that lag time, and also to get vendors testing 2.0 so we get critical feedback early.
NEW Vendors who should attend the Webinar / Vendors contacted at ConVEx
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202105/msg00016.html (Eberlein, 11 May 2021)
- Gershon; I know Frank at Componize.
- Scott; I know some folks there as well.
- Deb; you don't have Astoria, but they're now under Globallink with Vasont.
- Kris; shall I change the name?
- Deb; a good idea.
- Kris; I know we're not hitting Doczone or RSI - both are now under orbis - the list also doesn't cover Sharepoint product. Also, what about Doug Gorman's firm?
- Robert; you mean SsimplyXML?
- Gershon; also Quark, that and SimplyXML are both Word plugins.
- Kris; the Quark plugin's been sold off a couple of times.
- Gershon; it's been about 5 years since I spoke witht them.
- Kris; What's the current company name?
- Gershon; it was still quark but then sold again...
- Kris; any other ccmpanies anyone can think of? Could someone look through Keith's listing on his blog? But we only want those who claim a degree of DITA support.
- Gershon; why don't we give Keith an ActionItem in absentia?
- Kris; anyone else? OK, Gershon will tell Keith he has an AI.
***ActionItem: Keith will go over his vendor lsit to see if we've missed anyone on our list of vendors to contact.
- Kris; moving on to editors, I was able to talk to Synchrosoft and Fonto, what about Xeditor? I want to reach out to them since we are removing support for XSD. And I'm not sure who to contact at JustSsystems.
- Gershon; everyone I knew at JustSystems has left.
- Dee; I'll look.
- Kris; anyone have contact with Altova XMLMind? They claim some support, but I don't know how much...
- Gershon; I need to evaluate XMLMind for a client, so I'll reach out to them.
- Kris; anyone know anyone else?
- Gershon; do you have a template for what info you want vendors to know?
- Kris; I'll send one out. Now, what about content delivery vendors??
- Gershon; I have lots of contacts at zoomin.
- Kris; me too, I've already reached out to them. Webworks? I'll reach out to Chris Ward.
- Frank; I don't know if he would personally take part, but he's the right one to contact. Tony McDowell would probably be the one to take part.
- Kris; Tony McDowell? I don't have his email..
- Gershon; I have it, can send it.
- Dee; and did you contact DCL?
- Kris; yes, I talked to Mark Gross about sending people. they're pretty interested.
- Jim; what about Oberon for Titania?
- Kris; I'll add them, Oberon is still a TC member, though they're now working mostly with PTC. Speaking of which, we should also include Windchill on CCMS list.
NEW Starting point for Webinar slide deck?
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202105/msg00003.html (Eberlein, 04 May 2021)
- Nancy; can we cover this in an hour?
- Kris; I did it in 25 minutes. For webinar, after each primary slide (per proposal), I asked for questions.
- Dee; logistical question; are we going to hold Q&A till the second session?
- Kris; we'll take limited questions, but we want to get a solid presentation, with a recording, then have Q&A for next session. That's the feedback we got from vendors as to their preferred way to go.
- Dee; so for those who have questions but can't be on the second call, we'll take their questions (live or via email) and get back to them and bring it up at second session. And all the first session attendees are going to have to think about this, so we can
have a better conversation on 6/29.
- Kris; also, for some vendors, we won't have the right person to ask the questions at the first session. so hopefully we'll get the right person at the second webinar to ask questions
- Dee; I'm suggesting some stage setting at beginning of first to set up the process;
- Kris; right, to set expectations, wrt what we can handle on 1st, what will get saved for 2nd.
- Dee; so we tell them 'after this, go back to your team to discuss, then come back with questions.'
- Kris; and we'll try to help them understand what the questions might be. For example, slide #19, nice straightforward simple change to grammar. you might think it's simple, but it will have an effect on every editor, so I'll call out on a following slide
what the impact is. So, we'll follow every slide with its impact on tools.
- Kris; and I'll need help in creating these impact slides. and will want to have some non-Oxygen examples. like XMetal.
- Gershon; I can do that, I still have an XMetal license.
- Kris; please let me know anything you can supply, otherwise I'll start drafting second pages.
12 noon ET close
-- Ms. Nancy Harrison