Subject: Chair Honorarium

Hi Folks

Want to make a couple comments here regarding the subject of TC sustainability.

In volunteer organizations I have been part of it has been necessary to provide an honorarium to at least the chair.

This is because the chair has to:

I think these are significant tasks to differentiate the chair from all the other people working so hard to make this TC happen - you know who you are.

So to sustain the working group it might take a mix of chair honorarium plus the already committed individuals from Oasis members and a rallying of the community that gets so much from DITA.

In order to institute the honorarium we would need a simple entity or foundation to administer funds. Those details can be determined if we consider it a good idea.

What do you folks think?

cheers

Jim