Subject: Re: Re: Scoped Keys and Relationship Tables: I Think We Need to Say Something in the Spec

The TC has subsequently agreed that simply removing the “union of relables” approach is inappropriate and can be removed for DITA 2.0. That resolves the current ambiguity.

I’ve taken the source Kris prepared and extended to make it a more complete and easy-to-evaluate test case, where the topics as rendered reflect where they are used and indicate what the expected related links results should be. I’ve attached that, along with the Oxygen web help generated using OT 3.7.4. The web help was generated using the “force unique” option, which generates unique HTML files for use of a topic, which is what we need to fully test the resolution of the scoped reltable links.

OT gets it almost right with respect to our desired behavior (resolving reltable links in the context of the scopes that contain them). However, the reltable in submap-02 between the submap 2 use of topic-02.dita and the submap-02 use of topic-04 does not get associated with the submap 2 rendering of topic-02 but with the submap 1 rendering. This suggests it’s resolve the keyref to “topic-02” to its definition submap 1’s scope. (So it may be that the correct results for the submap-01 topics is just because they come first in the map tree).

It’s also possible there’s an error in my sample but I don’t think so.

Sr Staff Content Engineer

O: 512 554 9368

M: 512 554 9368

servicenow.com