Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: dbmathml processing problem

/ Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> was heard to say:
|  > <!-- just send the MathML all the way through... -->
|  > <xsl:template match="mml:*">
|  >   <xsl:element name="{name(.)}">
|  >     <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
|  >     <xsl:apply-templates select="node()"/>
|  >   </xsl:element>
|  > </xsl:template>
|
| are you sure this is sufficient? I see that I have

Am I sure? Uh, no comment. But I think mine is sufficient.

Your math mode:

| <xsl:template match="m:math">
|  <m:math>
|   <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
|   <xsl:apply-templates mode="math"/>
|  </m:math>
| </xsl:template>
|
| <xsl:template match="m:*|@*|comment()|processing-instruction()|text()" mode="math">
|  <xsl:copy>
|    <xsl:apply-templates mode="math" select="*|@*|processing-instruction()|text()"/>
|  </xsl:copy>
| </xsl:template>

1. Copies m:* elements, but my template will do that.
2. Copies @*, but my template will do that for m:* elements. Does MathML
   define any global attributes?
3. Copies comment()s, but that's probably irrelevant since SAX parsers
   don't have any comment events so XSLT probably never sees them (<sigh/>).
4. Copies PIs. Well, here we're making different choices. You're assuming
   any PI in a mathml section should be copied literally, I'm assuming the
   stylesheet ought to get a chance to look at it. It's a tough call.
5. Copies text. But my default text template will do that too.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Noble patterns must be fetched