Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: XML editor for Windoze

At 09:41 PM 2/23/01, you wrote:

>I suggest you look at XMetal from SoftQuad.
>I use it regularly for writing DocBook XML files,
>and I've found it quite usable.

We have admin staff using it regularly, and happily.
My only caveat, its a bit 'chunky'. Great with a 19in screen,
but everything is 'large', and with a tags window open, the amount
of text viewable on screen is not great.
Just be aware of its nasty habit of not recognising when you mean
an entity, and when you've written Marks & Spencers :-)

Other than that, it does everything asked of it.
DaveP