Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Problem with centering images using DSSSLstylesheets?

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 05:34:03PM -0500, Dan York wrote:
> Many thanks for the suggestions!  I spent some time looking at the pieces
> you mentioned.
>
> It appears that this is one big difference between the 'html' and 'print'
> stylesheets:

<snip>

> Interestingly, $img$ is *also* defined in 'html/dbgraph.dsl' where it
> appears that if 'fileref' is defined, control will be passed to:

The patches I sent should get image alignment working for you in HTML,
assuming that you don't want floating images.

> Now, over on the print side, in 'print/dbgraph.dsl', $img$ winds up
> doing almost the same thing:
>
>   ($graphic$ fileref display format scale align)

I'm pretty certain the print stylesheets are doing the right thing.  At
least, the logic looks right to me (I'm no DSSSL expert, but I can trace
code).

Of course, this is only half the problem.  It might be that Jade (or
OpenJade) isn't spitting out the correct TeX macros.  I don't know that
much about TeX, but your best bet might be to get someone who does to
write a small post-processor that takes the .tex file from (Open)Jade,
pinpoints all the areas where external graphics are pulled in, and
inserts the necessary TeX code to align the images for you.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.