Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: DocBook and JadeTex: Left and Right Headers andFooters

At 01:53 PM 3/14/01 +1000, Richard Sharpe wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have looked at this issue of Left and Right footers (and headers) being
>the same when processed by pdfjadetex or jadetex ...
>
>In looking at a document, it would seem that OpenJade is doing the following:
>
>1. SpSFirstFrontLeftFooter = "Left Text"
>   SpsFirstBackLeftFooter = "Left Text"
>
>This seems to be wrong. They are being both set to the same value, but they
>should be set to different values in TwoPage mode.
>
>2. SpsOtherFrontLeftFooter = "Left Text"
>   SpsOtherBackLeftFooter = "Right Text"
>
>However, it looks like the OtherFront and OtherBack entities are being
>ignored.
>
>I will hand modify the TeX and run JadeTex again and see if that is true ...

After hand modifying the TeX to add OFRH on the front of the text that
occurs in an SpSOtherFrontRightHeader, and OFLF on the front of the text
that occurs in an SpSOtherFrontLeftFooter and FFLF on the front of the text
that occurs in an SpSFirstFrontLeftFooter, it is very clear that the
following is happening:

FirstPageFront gets FirstFrontLeft and Right Headers/Footers as appropriate
FirstPageBack gets the OtherFrontLeft and Right Headers/Footers
NextPageFront gets OtherFrontLeft and Right Headers/Footers
NextPageBack gets OtherFrontLeft and Right Headers/Footers.

However, OpenJade is assembling different OtherFrontLeftFooter and
OtherBackLeftFooter Entries ... While producing exactly the same
FirstFrontLeftFooter and FirstBackLeftFooter!

Seems like a combination of errors here ... Can anyone clue me in?

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe@ns.aus.com
Samba (Team member, www.samba.org), Ethereal (Team member, www.ethereal.com)