Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: JadeTeX: Specifying Fonts

All --

DocBook 4.1 / DSSSL 1.62 / JadeTeX 3.3 / TeX (Web2C 7.3.1) 3.14159

I understand how to specify fonts in my stylesheet customization and
get them to work for both PDF and PS output.

I've read the install.pdf for JadeTeX, so I know that Helvetica and
Times Roman are two of the supported font families.  But are the other
related fonts (Oblique/Italic, Bold, BoldOblique/BoldItalic) for these
fonts supported?  If not, how do I add support for them?

I want to add support for Helvetica Oblique.  If I understand the file
naming conventions correctly, I have the afm and tfm files in
teTeX/share/texmf/fonts for Helvetica Oblique.  I've tried referring to
"Helvetica Oblique", "Helvetica-Oblique", and "HelveticaOblique" in the
stylesheet customization.

When I process with tex or pdftex, I get errors of the format

  LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `T1/<unknown>/bx/n' undefined
  (Font)              using `T1/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 117

Of course, I need to generate both PS and PDF files, so I need to make
sure that the PDF file has type 1 fonts so it can be viewed in a
variety of PDF browsers.

Thanks very much,
Debbie
--
Deborah Greenberg Lidl                       Toll free: 1.888.849.BSDi
dgl@bsdi.com                    BSDi             Phone: 1.301.765.7945