Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Using foot variable to help control page footer?

At 14:04 5/05/2003 -0700, Bob Stayton wrote:
>Setting a parameter like 'footer.left.odd' would be
>easier, but the sticking point for me is the page classes.
>Which page classes should the parameters be applied to?
>The classes are:
>titlepage   Division title page, including set, book, part.
>lot         Page with a list of titles, including book table of contents,
>                list of figures, etc.
>front       Front matter pages, including preface, dedication
>body        Main content pages
>back        Back matter pages, including appendix, glossary,
>                bibliography, colophon
>index       Alphabetical book-style index

For simple cases, why not have two lists of classes, one list that has a
'default' header, and the other that has a default footer (eg. you may want
a footer on titlepages but not a header). Then separately define what makes
up the 'default' header and footer.

For complex cases we go back to customising the full template.

David Brooks