Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] before i forget, a summary so far

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 02:37:29PM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   before all this starts to blur together, the observations over
> the past day or so related to generating PDF via xsltproc and FOP:
>
> [stuff deleted]
>
> <variablelist>:
>
>     also, at least for me, trying to display two terms /bin and /usr/bin
>   for the same <varlistentry> produced the PDF output:
>
>     /bin,/
>     usr/bin
>
>   i have no idea where the intermediate space went.

I looked at this some more.  The space is not getting
lost, it is appearing in the output if you look
closely.  But FOP is choosing to break the line
that is too long at a weird point.  It isn't
hyphenating, because there is no hyphen.
It is just breaking the line at an arbitrary point
to get it to fit in the space that is too narrow.
XEP manages to break the line on the space, BTW.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com