Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] first PDF bookmark doesn't point to the cover

On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 07:51:51PM +0200, Tobias Reif wrote:
> Hi Bob
>
>  > I'm not sure.  I get this problem when I process
>  > with FOP version 0.20.4, but when I use FOP 0.20.5,
>  > the titlepage bookmark link goes to the first title page.
>
> I use FOP 0.20.5 but the first bookmark doesn't point to the cover. I
> really would like to solve this problem ... if you get the correct
> bookmark with FOP then it should be possible here too. Perhaps you can
> help me, here are the files:
>
> DBX
>    http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/vimxml/docbook/
> XSLT (customization layer)
>    http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/vimxml/xslt/docbook_sf_net_fo/
> FO and PDF
>    http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/vimxml/print/
>
> If you get a correct bookmark with the above FO then the error is
> earlier in the toolchain, before FOP. But I suspect the problem is with
> FOP, which leaves it unclear what I could do to fix or work around the
> problem ...

Well, when I download and process your vimxml_fop.fo file
with FOP 0.20.5, I see the top bookmark goes to the wrong
page in the PDF.

But when I process your xml source with the stock stylesheet
(version 1.62.0), the top bookmark goes to the correct page.

I can't explain it, because in both cases the FO looks right.
What happens when you process your book with the stock stylesheet?

                                            email: bobs@sco.com