Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] first PDF bookmark doesn't point to the cover

Hi Bob

 > Well, when I download and process your vimxml_fop.fo file
 > with FOP 0.20.5, I see the top bookmark goes to the wrong
 > page in the PDF.
 >
 > But when I process your xml source with the stock stylesheet
 > (version 1.62.0), the top bookmark goes to the correct page.

Thank you very much for trying this out. Unfortunatly I can't reproduce
it: I never get a correctly working first bookmark.

 > I can't explain it, because in both cases the FO looks right.

If that's the case then the worst case is real: a bug in FOP which
occurs with correct input but not always, thus is not easily reproduced.

Would you say the bookmark links in
  http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/vimxml/print/vimxml_fop.fo
are correct? Then I would simply have to file a bug report to FOP and
wait for the next release.

 > What happens when you process your book with the stock stylesheet?

I still see the same error.

A plain vanilla run also brings an erratic first bookmark pointing to
the blank page before the TOC.
I'm not yet sure what's the difference between your and my "stock run".
I get the same error as with my customization layer (before which a
print filter is run).

stock.xslt

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<s:stylesheet
   xmlns:s="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
   version='1.0'>

<s:import href="/path/to/dbk_sf_net_xslts_1_62_0/fo/docbook.xsl"/>

<s:param name="fop.extensions" select="1"/>
<!-- needed to prevent infinite loop: -->
<s:param name="variablelist.as.blocks" select="'1'"/>

</s:stylesheet>

stock.bat

@echo off
call saxon_6_5_3 -o stock.fo ../docbook/vimxml.xml stock.xslt
call \path\to\fop-0.20.5\my_fop stock.fo stock.pdf

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/