Subject: JEuclid - HowTo

 Hello !

 I have some problems using Jeuclid. Not really problems, but small
 "bugs" i can't figure out. Here is what i do :
 - CVS version, Cocoon 2.1.4 (but i do not really need it?), Ant 1.60
 - A rendering by the awt.MathComponent renders the "toturetest.xml"
   example fine, except that some symbols are missing.
   I thought it was the Symbol font that was missing, as stated in INSTALL.
 - the installation instructions tell that i have to put the
   Symbol font (namely i took the symbol font from my windows
   but i am working on debian/testing) in java/jre/lib/fonts
   and update fonts.dir & fonts.scale.
 - i should add to fonts.dir the line :
   symbol.ttf -monotype-Symbol-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-p-0-microsoft-symbol
   and to fonts.scale the line :
   symbol.ttf -monotype-Symbol-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-p-0-microsoft-symbol
 - i updated/added the number of entries at the top of each file when
   editing/creating them, and i thought it would do the job. I Hade to
   create the font.scale file because it didn't exist. So i wrote 1 as the
   number of entries.

 This did not changed anything. I give the precise details of what i did,
 so if anyone has a clue, or better, succeeded to make JEuclid work correcly
 (an I think it does !) can tell me what i do wrong,or what i should do.

 Secondly, if anyone could tell me how to get an SVG file from Jeuclid,
 I'd really appreciate, because i can't seem to find how it works on
 that aspect.

 Thank you in advance
 Nicolas