Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Modular document using XInclude with olink entity and xrefstyle attribute

Hi Geoffrey,

1)  Inner olinks are known to work with chunked HTML output.
When you generate the olink data file, you have to use the same
stylesheet you use to process the file for output.  If you are using
chunk.xsl (or a customization of it), then your generatedTargets.xml
file should contain href attributes that include the chunk filename
as well as #id.
Does your generatedTargets.xml file have such hrefs?

2a)  xrefstyle is not yet supported in olinks.  It's on my list to do.  8^)

2b)  It is not intended that %t be supported in xreflabel.  That's what
xrefstyle is for, when it is done.

I'll see if I can get xrefstyle working in olinks by the next release.

DocBook Consulting

From: Geoffrey
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 4:43 AM

Hi all,

I 've been working on one big book.xml file, which is now modularized using XIncludes to
book.xml
+ preface.xml
+ chapter1/chapter1.xml
           ++ section1.xml
+ bibliography.xml
I am using XMLlint for XIncludes and Saxon for Xsls.
There are many inner references: olinks because xrefs won't validate per module.
I 've been reading the xsl docbook on sagehill.

Problems (thanks for help on any of these issues):
1) Inner links do not work in chunked html output (in pdf they do), because they get generated as #id without file.html#id (exception: toc).
2) Gentext doesn't work to well for olinks.
2a) xrefstyle doesn't work on olinks, role either (even with the xref use role as xrefstyle xsl parameter).
2b) xreflabel doesn't process %t
Note: simple adjusting the section template is not really a solution as its only a subset of all olinks that need their text generated different from the section called"%t"

Reference parts:

[olinkdb.xml]
<!ENTITY bookTarget SYSTEM "./generatedTargets.xml">
  <sitemap>
    <document targetdoc="booktarget">
        &bookTarget;
    </document>
  </sitemap>

[preface.xml]
<para>In <olink targetdoc="booktarget" targetptr="bibliography"/> you&#39;ll find more
            information on ...</para>

[biobliography.xml]
   <bibliography id="bibliography">
        <title>Bibliography</title>