Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] excluding image format according to output

Hi Dave,

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 05:48:20PM +0100, Dave Pawson wrote:

> (Are you from a publishing background by any chance?)

Not in any formal sense, no.

> I'd never contemplated anything.pdf as a simple image.  Document
> with embedded image perhaps...  Is this what people do?

I don't, but people do, yes.  Obviously Camille does, or intends to,
for example.  :-)

> Come on docbook-ers, how do *you* generate your images for hi-Q
> output in pdf?
>
> Generate the image in eps, at a fixed pixel size,

While an EPS image will have a natural size specified by its bounding
box, remember that there's no quality lost in scaling.  So don't think
of generating an EPS image at a fixed pixel size.  It can be any size
you like.

> for the target image space?? Sounds very inky sleeves to me, down
> the typesetters with you Paul :-)

:-)

--
Paul.