Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] FYI: eDE: DocBook Environment (Testing Report)

On Friday 22 July 2005 16:31, Euis Luhuanam wrote:
> Until now, I "CAN'T" set up a DocBook system for Ubuntu GNU/Linux
> (w/ main&restricted). Then, I have tried a Voldemort's (You Know What :)
> based system: eDE (DocBook Environment). This following is my report.

You do not need to install eDE in order to get DocBook on Ubuntu.
Just install the components you need.

sudo apt-get install docbook
sudo apt-get install docbook-xsl
sudo apt-get install xsltproc

That is the basic stuff you need.

If you need Java tools.

Add the following to your sources.list
sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.bak
sudo vi /etc/apt/sources.list

## Backports
deb http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net/ hoary-backports main universe
multiverse restricted
deb http://ubuntu-backports.mirrormax.net/ hoary-extras main universe
multiverse restricted

Save.
sudo apt-get  update
sudo apt-get install sun j2re1.5
java -version

Now you can install Java XML tools as described by Bob Stayton in Docbook XSL
the complete guide.

I seriously recommend you buy a copy.
http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/index.html

Hope this helps. If you have more questions, please let me know, CC the list.

--
Sean Wheller
sean@enbaya.co.za