Subject: Small questions about what tools to use

Hi.

I started using docbook some months ago, when I needed to write a big document
for a university project. The result was excellent with minimum effort: I
just run docbook2pdf, and the generated file was of a great quality. Nice!

Then I learnt a lot more about docbook, and I learnt that docbook2pdf was just
using Jade and DSSSL behind the scenes, and that there were (modern)
alternatives to them. I tried PassiveTex, and it didn't work completely, so I
tried FOP (with some help, because it's a bit trickier to install Java here).
With DocBook XSL and FOP the result wasn't bad, but seemed a bit less mature
than the version Jade generated (the size of fonts and margins, for example),
so I chose the latter.

And now I want to start a new document, and I have some doubts about what
tools to use:

* Will Jade work with Docbook 5.0? I tried with defguide5 (is the only DB5
document I have), and it didn't, so I don't know if start with 4.x, or with
the 5.0 beta.

* Should I remain with DSSSL/Jade, or switch to XSL, and just customize the
stylesheets until I get a result which is near to what I like?

Well, I think that's all. Sorry if I've been a bit boring, and thanks a lot in
advance. :-)

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://darkshines.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net