Subject: Formatting question.

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what certain markup does. I tried to produce an
XSL-FO and an HTML file from it, but the transformations that came with
the Docbook package gave me a ton of errors.

I want t oknow if the contents of <literallayout> should be displayed
inline or as a new paragraph. Here's an example:

<para>
   Sometimes when you are working at a computer, things will
   go sorta like the following. You type in something:
   <literallayout class="normal">
      <userinput>
        <command>tail</command>
        <option>-f</option>
        <filename>mta.log</filename>
      </userinput>
   </literallayout>
   And then the computer outputs something like:
   <literallayout class="normal">
     <computeroutput>stuff here then more stuff here and further
     stuff here</computeroutput>
   </literallayout>
</para>

If you run this through the stylesheet for XSL-FO, the output is:

<output>
   Sometimes when you are working at a computer, things will
   go sorta like the following. You type in something:

      tail
      -f
      mta.log

   And then the computer outputs something like:

     stuff here then more stuff here and further
           stuff here
</output>

That doesn't look right. I would have expected 'tail -f mta.log' to be
inline for example.

Help?

Cheers,
Daniel.