Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] <link xlink:href="..."> in XHTML output (DocBook XSL 1.71.1)

Hi,
I don't think you understood my earlier response.  8^)
The existing 1.71.1 stylesheets work with xlink:href in link, and don't
care what the prefix is, as long as the xlink namespace uri is used
correctly.  But the key to getting that part of the stylesheet functioning
is to include the docbook namespace xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
on the document's root element.  That kicks in the DB5 fixup code to handle
xlink:href on the link element.

For example, I just processed this DB5 document using two different xlink
prefixes:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<article xmlns=http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
xmlns:xl="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";  version="5">
<title>Testing links with 1.71.1</title>
<para>using xl: <link xl:href="http://www.saxonica.com/";
      xl:type="simple"
xl:actuate="onRequest">http://www.saxonica.com</link>
</para>
<para>using xlink: <link xlink:href="http://www.saxonica.com/";
      xlink:type="simple"
xlink:actuate="onRequest">http://www.saxonica.com</link>
</para>
</article>

Note the default docbook namespace declaration in the article start tag.  I
used Saxon 6 with docbook-xsl-1.71.1/xhtml/docbook.xsl and got this output:

target="_top">http://www.saxonica.com</a>

target="_top">http://www.saxonica.com</a>

Notice that both prefixes work.

I also tried it with the experimental namespace-aware stylesheets, and the
html stylesheet works but not the xhtml (I didn't do much with the xhtml
side).

DocBook Consulting