Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] profiling and entities -

Hi All,

Thanks for the responses. I'll address them individually below.

Bob, that method sounds involved but doable. I link to a central
entitfy file anyway, so as to be able to change entities once only.

Jirka, at the price of killing readability that would work. Nasty if
you are doing it often though.

Geraint, I think that behaviour occurs in all wysi(sort of)wyg
editors, and is one reason why I did not use XMLMind. The xinclude
method looks pretty bad in terms of extra typing.

Regarding your custom tags, would it not better to have something like

<tag id="TargetOS" /> <tag id="TargetHW" /> instead of <TargetOS />,
<TargetHW />, adding only a single tag rather than lots.

Hmm, I miight look into this further.

David. How do you single source without using entities? Using only profiles?
Is it hard to resolve entities without doing any other xslt
processing? I image you could do this with xsltproc or something, but
admittedly have not checked.

If you have any further thoughts on this I'd love to hear them. While
we are at it, how many people single soure docbook in one way or
another? Do people just use profiles? Any tips? Pitfalls?

Thanks