Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] slides: how to balance presentation and content

Justus-bulk@Piater.name wrote:

> Not a very satisfactory solution, but I don't see how to fix this
> properly. Perhaps one pragmatic solution (purists shut your eyes!)
> might be to add presentational elements and attributes to a
> docbook-slides document model.
>
> I second the motion for a slides document model based on DB 5; its
> current absence is the only reason preventing me from moving to DB 5.

If it is accepted that 'presentations' are appropriate, then
perhaps moving slides to db5 and extending it to provide the markup
you want wouldn't be inappropriate. Relax schemas are so nice to work
with for extensions.

What additional markup is needed? A lot, or just minor additions?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.