Subject: Manual chunking with component level toc

Hello Everybody,

for my quite complex document I'd rather to use manual chunking. The main xml document is splitted into individual files which are placed in nested subfolders according to document tree. Each html file should contain corresponding content of xml file. In default chunking some of the files are unintentionally splitted. Using own XSLT code I can generate appropriate toc specification, but there is one BUT. There is missing top-level content of chapter or section as there is no corresponding xml file. In example below, no html file is created for chapter itself. It would be nice to have in it chapter title with local toc. But how to generate it?

<book>
  <chapter id="objects">
    <title>Objects</title>
    <xi:include href="objects/server.xml" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
    <xi:include href="objects/input.xml" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude"/>
  </chapter>
</book>

<toc role="chunk-toc">
  <tocentry linkend="UserManual"><?dbhtml filename="index.html"?>
     <!-- the following file is referenced, but not available -->
    <tocentry linkend="objects"><?dbhtml filename="objects.html"?>
      <tocentry linkend="server"><?dbhtml filename="server.html"?>
      </tocentry>
      <tocentry linkend="input"><?dbhtml filename="input.html"?>
      </tocentry>
    </tocentry>
  </tocentry>
</toc>