Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] TextFactory import failing under Saxon 9.1

The project I work on has an extensive customization layer on top of
Docbook XSL.

The customization layer I work with was written by multiple developers
in a big hurry.  This was all done in XSLT 1.0.  It's a mess.

We're in the process of re-writing / cleaning up our customization layer.

The error handling in Saxon 9 is less forgiving than Saxon 6 and forces
us to write better code through more extensive error reporting.  S9
halts processing on stylesheet issues that S6 would overlook.  Example:
string / integer comparison (casting).

I like having the ability to use XSLT 2.0 in that customization layer.
There's a lot more that XSLT 2.0 offers me and the other developers I
work with.

~Shane