Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Graphs in docbook?

Dave,
Sal Mangano has a section on this in his O'Reilly book "XSLT Cookbook". Its in the "XML to SVG" section.
His style is take an existing SVG file and make it have variable data. He also take it further and makes generic components.

So concepts like what he has done make work here.

Regards,
Dean Nelson

In a message dated 07/21/09 22:50:17 Pacific Daylight Time, davep@dpawson.co.uk writes:
On 07/22/2009 06:26 AM, DeanNelson wrote:
> Yes, Dave, I have had the same thoughts. I wonder if there is an XML
> based graph and chart thingy that could handle something like
> <graph type="line">
> <title> Profits </title>
> <data>
> <x>30</x>
> <x>40</x>
> <x>50</x>
> <y>10</y>
> <y>20</y>
> <y>30</y>
> </data>
> </graph>
> I wonder if this could be translated into SVG....

Basics are:
Title (if 'formal')
Axis labelling (I'd accept something very simple to start with).
Then as you have, the pairs of values (X,Y).

Not sure if anything else is wanted?

I've done it before, just as an exercise.
Scaling might be an issue though.

http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect4/svg.html

Suggest:

<data>