Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] diff marking

On 11/13/2010 9:50 PM, Keith Fahlgren wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 5:26 PM, Mike Maxwell<maxwell@umiacs.umd.edu>  wrote:
>> Is there any program out there which, given two versions of a DocBook v5
>> file, finds the differences and outputs a marked-up version *using the
>> revisionflag attributes*?
>
> oXygen's XML Diff (http://www.oxygenxml.com/xml_diff_and_merge.html)
> and DeltaXML (http://www.deltaxml.com/) are the two commercial
> differencing products I'm aware of. I believe that DeltaXML does
> generate the revisionflag-marked output documents.

Ah, thanks, I missed that!  From their website:
    DeltaXML DocBook Compare highlights changes between
    any two docbook files. Docbook Compare performs a
    detailed comparison between the two files and
    automatically adds revision flags to highlight added,
    deleted or changed text. Changes to individual table
    cells are clearly identified.
But what a price :-(: $1500/year for a site license!  (Which is the
cheapest license they have; the only other choice is a multiple site
license.)
--
	Mike Maxwell
	maxwell@umiacs.umd.edu