Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] re:New docbook-xsl-ns snapshots

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 11:33 PM, Shlomi Fish <shlomif@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Kasun Gajasinghe
> <kasun.gajasinghe@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 9:08 PM, Robert Nagle <idiotprogrammer@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> to ask a rather silly question. The snapshot page only shows the last
>>> snapshot being in November and the instructions say that this page is
>>> updated automatically when there are checkins.
>>>
>>> But according to this page, the latest check ins for anything seems to
>>> be in November.
>>> http://docbook.sourceforge.net/snapshot/
>>>
>>> Is this information just not current? If I actually used subversion to
>>> pull things to my machine, would I get substantially more up-to-date
>>> stylesheets?
>>>
>>> (I'm talking about all stylesheets, not just the ns version).
>>
>> There were checkins after that [1] but the build got broken around
>> that time [2]. Docbook dearly need a helping hand to fix the broken
>> piece.
>>

> I'm willing to help and have the time for that. Where do I start?

Hi Shlomi,
The log for broken build is at [1]. First, you have to go through it
and figure out what causes the build failure. After identifying the
error, you may ask about any help from the list on how to proceed. You
may attempt to fix the error in the DocBook source then. (Hope you are
aware of checking out source, submitting patches etc. ) The issue
haven't been fixed for around five months which suggest that little
digging will be needed and the fix might not be an obvious one!

At a previous discussion it was suggested that following causes the
error. This *might* be the case.

tar: ../testdocs/i18n: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted
tar: ../testdocs/graphics: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted
tar: ../testdocs/tests/mathml: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted
tar: ../testdocs/tests/ebnf: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted
tar: ../testdocs/tests/svg: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted
tar: ../testdocs/tests: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted
tar: ../testdocs/imagelib: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted
tar: ../testdocs: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted
tar: ..: Cannot utime: Operation not permitted
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
make: [zip] Error 2 (ignored)

[1] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=E1PD0em-0004BI-D8%40sideshowbarker.net&forum_name=docbook-snapshots

Glad you're interested in fixing this and much appreciate your help.

Regards,
--Kasun

--
Kasun Gajasinghe,