Subject: re: Controlling the pagebreak in epub output

you can do this with CSS instead of needing to do it on the docbook side.

See  the specification under the "Paged Media" section here
http://idpf.org/epub/20/spec/OPS_2.0.1_draft.htm#Section3.3

So you need a declaration like this: h3 {page-break-before: always;}

Note: I'm pretty sure this is supported on Nook and ipad, but
mobipocket doesn't support that.

Instead, Mobipocket has a custom tag <mbp: pagebreak />  which will
automatically add a page break.  So you will need to figure out a way
to hard code it into the epub in docbook which will be processed  into
Mobipocket.

By the way, with rare exceptions, I try to avoid using mandatory page
breaks on e-ink devices. I think e-ink owners are a little more
tolerant of cramped pages  in order to maximize  use of space.

Robert

Subject: Controlling the pagebreak in epub output

    From: Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@googlemail.com>
    To: DocBook Apps <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
    Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:21:06 +0200

Hello,

is it possible to control the page break in epub output as for example for pdf?

For example I use the following to avoid a pagebreak for sections in
my preface chapter for pdf:

<xsl:attribute-set name="section.level1.properties">
<xsl:attribute name="break-after">
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="ancestor::preface/@role = 'preface'">auto</xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>page</xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

If I put this into my customizing layer for epub it appears to have no
influence.

Best regards, Lars

--
Lars
http://www.vogella.de - Eclipse, Android and Java Tutorials

--
Robert Nagle
6121 Winsome Ln #56C, Houston TX 77057-5581