Subject: Continued page numbering in the frontmatter

Hi,

I have this structure in my book.

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <?xml-model href="http://docbook.org/xml/5.1/rng/docbookxi.rng"; ÂÂÂ
> schematypens="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0";?>
> <?xml-model href="http://docbook.org/xml/5.1/sch/docbook.sch"; ÂÂÂ
> type="application/xml" ÂÂÂ
> schematypens="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron";?>
> <!DOCTYPE book[
> ÂÂÂ <!ENTITY % my-entities SYSTEM "./Myentities.ent">
> ÂÂÂ %my-entities;
> ÂÂÂ ]>
> <book xmlns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; xml:lang="de"
> xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude";
> ÂÂÂ xmlns:ns5="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg";
> xmlns:ns="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook";
> ÂÂÂ xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"; version="5.1"
> ÂÂÂÂ status="draft"ÂÂ >
> ÂÂÂ <info>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <title>Falter in Lenzkirch </title>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <abstract>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <para><emphasis role="bold">Falter in
> Lenzkirch</emphasis></para>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <para>ist die private Sammlung von Ãber 600 verschiedenen
> Faltern von Bernhard Kleine aus 13 Jahren Fotografieren
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ in Lenzkirch. </para>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <para>...
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ </para>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ </abstract>
> ÂÂÂ </info>
> ÂÂÂ <dedication>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <title>Zur Erinnerung</title>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <para>An dieser Stelle geht mein Dank an Peter Simon aus
> Titisee-Neustadt ....</para>
> ÂÂÂ </dedication>
> ÂÂÂ <preface>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <title>Vorwort zur 2. Auflage</title>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <para>Diese zweite Auflage meines Buches &Lqt;Falter in
> Lenzkirch&Rqt; </para>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <para>Zum GlÃck ist die Falterbeobachtung durch ...</para>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <para>Mittlerweile habe ich Ãber ...
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ </para>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂ ...
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <para>Ich wÃnsche Ihnen mit dem neuen Buch viel Freude und
> hoffentlich einige Aha-Erlebnisse. </para>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <para>Bernhard Kleine, Lenzkirch, August 2020</para>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ </preface>ÂÂÂ
> ÂÂÂ <xi:include href="cha_einfuehrungV2.xml"/>
The pagenumbering starts anew for the dedication, the table of contents
and the preface i , i - iv, i ii.
For me this is quite unusual, however, I donot see, where to tackle in
order have the pagenumbering continous from i - x.

The same interuption is obvious in the three indeces at the end of the book:

> ÂÂ <index type="scName">
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <title>Wissenschaftliche Namen</title>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <para>(Gattungsnamen groÃgeschrieben, Artbezeichnungen
> klein)</para>
> ÂÂÂ </index>
> ÂÂ Â
> ÂÂÂ <index type="dtName">
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <title>Deutsche Namensliste</title>
> ÂÂÂ </index>
> ÂÂ Â
> ÂÂÂ <index type="RWP">
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ <title>Raupenwirtspflanzen</title>
> ÂÂÂ </index>
Any of the three indeces starts anew with one. How to change that?

Regards Bernhard

--
spitzhalde9
D-79853 lenzkirch