Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Upquotes for code

On 8/7/2022 3:11 AM, Esteban Zimanyi wrote:
However, I wonder whether a better solution would be to translate
docbook <code> to LaTeX \lstinline in the same way that
<programlisting> is translated to \lstlisting; That will definitely
solve the problem in an easy and efficient way.

Do you think that the docbook community could envision this possibility?

I can't speak for the DocBook community, although my sense is that most people on this mailing list use XSL-FO rather than dblatex. The developer of dblatex is BenoÃt Guillon. Back when we were using dblatex, he was responsive to emails, but the last release I see is 2016, so I suspect he's no longer actively maintaining it.

That said, the XSLT code that translates DocBook XML into LaTeX is included in the dblatex package, so you can edit it to produce whatever LaTeX code you want. We did that in our project, although I confess I found XSLT extremely hard to debug. So yes, you can translate <code> into \lstinline, and that particular transform sounds like it would be fairly simple.

   Mike Maxwell
   University of Maryland

www.avg.com