docbook-publishers message

Subject: Documentation for content model changes or new elements

It just occurred to me that as part of our effort, any content model
changes or new elements that we incorporate into the DB Publishing
variant should have an "owner" that is responsible for creating the
documentation for it.  My thinking here is that it might be very useful
to integrate these somehow into the TDG (or perhaps a separate manual)
and will provide users a reference that will make it easier to adopt
this schema.

This also serves as a means for spreading the work among all
participants instead a single editor.

Another thought that came to mind: do we want to consider the
development of XSL stylesheets that serve as a reference implementation
for the Publishing schema?  Generally, these should be extensions to the
existing DocBook Stylesheets, leveraging a great deal of what's already
there. Nevertheless, I'm not sure that this in the purview of this
Subcommittee.

Any thoughts? Objections?

Jim

================
Jim Earley
XML Developer/Consultant
Flatirons Solutions
4747 Table Mesa Drive
Boulder, CO 80301

Yahoo.IM: jmearley
MSN.IM: jearley22@hotmail.com

jim.earley@flatironssolutions.com
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Earley;Jim
FN:Jim Earley
ORG:Flatirons Solutions
TITLE:XML Developer/Consultant
TEL;WORK;VOICE:303.542.2156
TEL;CELL;VOICE:303.898.7193
ADR;WORK:;;4747 Table Mesa Rd, Suite 200;Boulder;CO;80305;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:4747 Table Mesa Rd, Suite 200=0D=0ABoulder, CO 80305=0D=0AUnited States of A=
merica
URL;WORK:http://www.flatironssolutions.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:Jim.Earley@flatironssolutions.com
REV:20060614T132755Z