OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-publishers message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Publishers SC meeting agenda - 23 Jan 2008

DocBook SubCommittee for Publishers Meeting Agenda: 23 Jan 2008

The DocBook SubCommittee for Publishers will meet for 90 minutes on 
Wednesday, 23 Jan 2008  at
Location 	Local time 	Time zone
Denver <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=75> (U.S.A. - 
Colorado) 	Wednesday, 23 Jan 2008 at 1:00:00 PM 	UTC-6 hours MDT 
San Francisco <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=224> 
(U.S.A. - California) 	Wednesday, 23 Jan 2008 at 12:00:00 Noon 	UTC-7 
hours PDT 
New York <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=179> (U.S.A. 
- New York) 	Wednesday, 23 Jan 2008 at 3:00:00 PM 	UTC-4 hours EDT 
London <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=136> (U.K. - 
England) 	Wednesday, 23 Jan 2008 at 8:00:00 PM 	UTC+1 hour BST 
Corresponding UTC (GMT) 	Wednesday, 23 Jan 2008 at 19:00:00 

The teleconference phone number is +1-877-643-6951. The participant
code is 31804277#. Attendance at teleconferences is restricted to members
(and prospective members) of the subcommittee. For international access, 
please dial: 302-607-2017.

The DocBook SC uses irc://freenode/dbpub for additional
conference features, such as exchanging URIs, providing out-of-band
comments, and other aspects of the teleconference, so please join us
there if at all possible.

1. Roll call
2. Accepting the minutes[1] of the previous meeting.
3. Next meeting: 6 February 2008
4. Review of the agenda.
5. Review of open action items
  a. all to review/recommend content models for support of poetry and 
  b. Norm to help set up the RFE tracker on sourceforge to track our 
  c. Scott to also ping folks at Mulberry, since they worked quite a bit 
on the NLM (Journal) schemas.

7. Proposed Roadmap
  a. Identify elements that should be part of Core DocBook
  b. Identify potential "modules" for elements currently part of DocBook
     but belonging to a particular domain.
  c. Recommend Core DocBook and proposed modules to DocBook TC
  d. Identify general publishing needs not currently met by DocBook
  e. Identify additional specific domains within publishing industry that
     may need specific modules.
  f. develop RFEs from identified needs
  g. develop DocBook v5.0 schema enhancements from RFEs
  h. submit schema enhancements for approval to DocBook TC

8. Discuss support for poems (suggestions by Dave, Gary)

9. Discuss whether to assign additional class attributes to article or 
other modifications to better support journal publishing.

10.Discuss legal/govt citations.

For example, what is the best practice for marking up the following:
According to the Bank Holding Company Act (12 USC 1841(c)(2)(F))...

x.  Review of Requests for Enhancement

Thanks and best regards,


Scott Hudson
Flatirons Solutions

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]