Subject: Alternative to sections in procedures

I was thinking about the problem of titles and the semantics of
(simple)section and sidebar.

I wonder if the following element would help:

  <!ELEMENT topic (%optional-title;, (%simplesect-content-model;)+, topic*)>

This could be allowed everywhere that sidebar is, for example, and
would allow you to have a sidebar-like thing without the semantics of
Sidebar.  I also think this could be useful for the folks interested
in doing online help.

Does this help the procedure case at all:

    <procedure>
    </procedure>
    </topic>
  </topic>

It's really a sort of floating section (the DIV-like thing we've discussed
before), but "topic" is a much better name, IMHO.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The Future is something which
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | everyone reaches at the rate of
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | sixty minutes an hour, whatever he