Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] 5.0b1 test test release

Norman Walsh wrote:
> / Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> was heard to say:
> |> Ok, trang fails. If someone finds a better tool, we can switch to that.
> |> In the meantime, I propose to make the XSD file from the DTD. That
> |> produces a valid schema.
> |
> | I agree. Are target namespaces handled correctly using this approach?
>
> They appear to be.

New release looks much more better, Norm. Good work. There is still UPA
problem in XSD, but it is only minor problem caused by info elements.
Some elements use the following named pattern:

db._info.title.only =
   (db._title.only, db.titleforbidden.info?) | db.titleonly.info

The problem is that in DTD/XSD this will turn into

	<xs:choice>
           <xs:sequence>
               <xs:element ref="docbook:title"/>
             </xs:choice>
             <xs:element minOccurs="0" ref="docbook:info"/>
           </xs:sequence>
           <xs:element ref="docbook:info"/>
         </xs:choice>

which breaks UPA. However I think that this can be quite easily fixed by
creating small RNC customization that will redefine

db._info.title.only = db._title?, db.info?

and then generate DTD and XSD from this customization. I would try it
myself, but it seems that schema build system in CVS is not completely
up-to-date with your box.

To test whether schema is correct, you can use -f switch of Xerces
commandline interface. It will perform full schema checking which
discloses UPA violations.

HTH,

				Jirka

   Nejbližší termíny školení: DocBook 5.-7.12. * XSL-FO 19.-20.12.
      XSLT 17.-20.10. * XML schémata (včetně RELAX NG) 7.-9.11.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature