Subject: RE: [docbook-tc] personblurb in address?

At the risk of roiling the waters...

While I agree that the best way to make Scott's task easier is to have all the info in a 'person'-type element, rather than in the address element, I'm not sure how adding a person element fulfills our mission of supporting the delivery of technical documentation. At the meeting yesterday, we specifically rejected an RFE for being out-of-scope, and this request seems equally out-of-scope to me.  If a company  really wants to create an employee directory in DocBook, they already can, using [and maybe aliasing?] the 'othercredit' element, which matches author and editor in content.

But I don't see how generic 'person' content is applicable to technical documentation.  If we add person, we should also take another look at the RFE we rejected yesterday

just my $.02

Nancy

____
Nancy Harrison